A Bit Bookish

The name's Luna.
24/Los Angeles/wannabe blogger & researcher
Just another freak in the Freak Kingdom.
A place for me to ramble about books I love... also probably the only blog I'll ever have that will keep its theme. I don't want my page to be a mess so I'm only going to shelve books starting with what I've read in the past year.
I'm not always eloquent, and I'm certainly not pretentious. I am just a huge nerd who lurks in used bookstores and likes to read and do research for fun.
Geeks unite.

— feeling excited
Prince Lestat - Anne Rice

I saw that this was coming out last year, I can't believe I'm just getting to reading it! I loved Anne Rice in high school; The Vampire Lestat was my favorite book for a while. This one apparently picks up where Queen of the Damned left off, which I think was a good choice. I liked The Tale of the Body Thief and Memnoch the Devil (though I tried to read the latter again recently and couldn't get into it at all), but I think the first three books are the strongest.

I'm just about to start chapter 1. There are two intros- the first one sums up The Queen of the Damned and the second is a glossary. ("When the Vampire Lestat wrote his books, he used any number of terms taught to him by the vampires he had encountered in his life. And those vampires who added to his work, offering their memoirs and experiences in written form, added terms of their own...")
Smart move- this way people who've never read any of the other books can start off with this one, and those of us who have already read them get a bit of a refresher.

I'm not really sure what to expect from Anne Rice these days- the last thing I read by her was The Witching Hour, which came out in the 90's, so we'll see how this goes.

And thanks for the kind words on my last post, everyone. I know no one likes a complainer, and I'm not usually one to post anything personal, but I was just feeling a little overwhelmed today and it's nice to have some positive vibes sent my way.
SPNG Tags: Dean / You’re Awesome /
Looking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif? This blog organizes them so you don’t have to spend hours hunting them down.
[image source]