A Bit Bookish

The name's Luna.
24/Los Angeles/wannabe blogger & researcher
Just another freak in the Freak Kingdom.
A place for me to ramble about books I love... also probably the only blog I'll ever have that will keep its theme. I don't want my page to be a mess so I'm only going to shelve books starting with what I've read in the past year.
I'm not always eloquent, and I'm certainly not pretentious. I am just a huge nerd who lurks in used bookstores and likes to read and do research for fun.
Geeks unite.

Attack on Titan, Volume 1 - Hajime Isayama

It's exciting, but it works better as an anime- I actually haven't seen the anime, but all I could think the whole time I was reading it was about how much I wanted to watch it. There's a lot of action and they fly around on these crazy bungee type contraptions so that they can reach the tall Titans to battle, and it's really hard to show that properly in the manga. It starts looking chaotic. It's much more visually based- there's good dialogue, but it supplements the action more than it creates it, if that makes sense. It's a bit like trying to read a well-written action movie. The world building/character building is excellent and I can tell it's going to be a great story, but it's one that begs to be brought to life.

The Two Towers